Stuttering is a disorder which affects the flow of speech.
Things to look for:
- Repetitions of sounds, syllables, words or phrases
- Prolongation of sounds
- Blocks (when nothing comes out)
- Other behaviours such as physical movement accompanying stutter or filler words (um/er).
- Any negative reactions by the child or others to the stutter
- Family history of stuttering
If you are concerned your child may be stuttering contact an AIM Speech Pathologist on 6150 8339 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your child may require a speech pathology assessment in order to determine the presence and severity of the stutter. Our SP’s can then develop a treatment plan for your child.